Year 7 Catch up premium 2015/16
|Total number of Year 7 pupils on role||24|
|Total number of Year 7 pupils eligible for Y7 catch up||24|
|Total amount of Y7 catch up received||£8,500|
Summary of Year 7 catch up spending
Objectives in spending PPG:
Raising attainment and achievement of Y7 students to at least expected progress In English and Maths.
Summary of spending and actions taken:
Improved transition programmes:
Purchase new reading schemes to engage Y7 readers.
Intentions for 2016-17
In English we intend to use year 7 catch up to:
- New books for higher level interests but lower level reading ability.
- ‘Reading Eggs’ programme.
- Kindles- basic model with reading only.
- New books for independent reading system with clear phonic levels.
- Theatre trips.
This academic year in Maths we intend to use year 7 catch up to:
- Develop and increase our visual and kinaesthetic resources so that all staff teaching in year 7 have a wide range of engaging tools to develop key concepts across the curriculum.
Continued improved personal transition programmes
- Taster Sessions in the Summer Term
- Improved links with feeder primary schools through the work of the academy’s Well Being team.
- OT assessments