Year 7 Catch up premium 2016/17
|Total number of Year 7 pupils on role||22|
|Total number of Year 7 pupils eligible for Y7 catch up||22|
|Total amount of Y7 catch up received||£11000|
Summary of Year 7 catch up spending
Objectives in spending PPG:
Raising attainment and achievement of Y7 students to at least expected progress In English and Maths.
Summary of spending and actions taken:
Improved transition programmes:
This academic year in Maths we intend to use year 7 catch up to:
Develop and increase our visual and kinaesthetic resources so that all staff teaching in year 7 have a wide range of engaging tools to develop key concepts across the curriculum.
100% of Year 7 students in Maths and English made at least expected progress when compared with similar children nationally.
22% exceeded end of year expectations in Maths and 21% in English.
Intentions for 2017-18
- Nessy – Computer based program designed to help students of all abilities learn to read, write and spell.
- Further phonics books and schemes.
- Theatre/Cinema trips.
- A residential based around a book students have studied.
- Library books for all abilities.
- Large playground resources
- Assessment package for Y7 students
Continued improved personal transition programmes