College Open Events 2023-2024
|College & Sixth Form Open Days
|Bede Sixth Form
|Catcote Sxith Form
|East Durham College
|Hartlepool 6th Form
|https://www.hartlepoolsixth.ac.uk/open-events/ – nothng on website
|Hartlepool College FE
|5th & 11th
|NETA Training Group
|Northern School of Art
|Stockton Riverside College
|English Martyrs 6th Form
|The Skills Academy
Career and labour market information (LMI) includes information on:
- career pathways and progression routes
- applications and interviews
- educational institutions, courses, qualifications, entry requirements and costs
- skills and occupations
- professional bodies
- employment sectors, employers, jobs, salaries and employment trends
- job programmes, training and apprenticeships
- job demands and working life
- financial planning
Being able to understand career pathways and future possibilities is vital for all students, especially those with special educational needs. Providing access to relevant careers information can help you to determine your work preferences, skills, options and choices to build a culture of high expectation and connect you to a successful future.
Useful tips for students
- Study job vacancies, look for common ‘transferable’ skills. Do you have these skills? If not how can you gain them?
- Find out about the companies opening and closing in your area.
LMI can be gathered in many ways. Talk to your parents, grandparents or carers about their working experiences. Speak to the school CEIAG Advisor. Watch the news and read local newspapers.
Talk to your parents, grandparents or carers about their working experiences. Speak to your school Careers Advisors, Jackie McGarry or Louise Jackson. Watch the news and read local newspapers.